Founded in 1937 as the Master Printers Association, Singapore, renamed The Print & Media Association, Singapore (PMAS) in 2000, PMAS is the national representative body for the printing industry in Singapore.
Membership is open to all companies engaged in the printing and allied trades, companies that supply equipment and consumables to the printing industry and companies that support the printing industry such as event and exhibition companies and freight forwarders.
The Association is run and organised by a Management Committee of thirteen elected officials for a two-year term. The day-to-day running of the Association is undertaken by a full-time secretariat headed by an Executive Director.
A range of publications including a bi-monthly publication PRINT Singapore are produced, supported by this website and Social Media outlets. A Printing Industry Directory is published annually. The Directory provides important information about the printing and packaging industry and the opportunity for companies to promote their services. The Association’s website provides information about its various activities and details about members.
The Association organises regular networking sessions, courses, seminars, conferences and overseas study tours for the benefit of members. A close working relationship is maintained with SPRING Singapore and other relevant bodies in order to protect and enhance the interests of members.
Members are encouraged to communicate with the Association about the challenges they face. The Association in turn provides feedback to SPRING Singapore and other Government bodies. Linkages are also maintained with regional and international printing bodies.
WHAT SERVICES DOES PMAS PROVIDE FOR MEMBERS
- Creates a sense of belonging through the national representative body of the printing industry in Singapore.
- Provides a platform for members to speak with one voice.
- Maintains close links with the relevant Government bodies like SPRING Singapore to promote and enhance the interests of the printing industry.
- Provides a channel of communication between the members, the government, and overseas printing associations.
- Organises seminars/courses.
- Organises an annual conference to promote understanding of technology.
- Organises study tours and overseas visits.
- Organises networking, social and sporting events.
- Provides opportunities for members to participate in foreign and local events under the umbrella of PMAS.
- Provides information and technical updates to members through the bi-monthly publication, PRINT Singapore.
- Encourages members to tap on the various Government support schemes through the dissemination of information.
- Helps members to promote their business through the PRINT Singapore magazine, the Singapore Printing Industry Directory and the PMAS website.